Sunday, May 4, 2008

Goodbye One Wing

Hi everyone, I have some sad news. My cousin One-Wing died today. He came to live with the nice people at the Bird TLC after he got mixed up in the Exxon Valdez oil spill. Here is a little bit about him if you don't know his story. He evaded the humans who were trying to catch him for three days. In the process he banged up one of his wings really bad and it had to be what the humans call amputated. He wasn't doing real well after that and he was a blood donor for 10 other eagles from that oil spill...he really is a hero. After all he went through, he pulled through and recovered. Doctor Scott and One-Wing were really close after all they went through trying to get One-Wing healthy. One-Wing lived out his life at the Bird TLC where he got lots of visitors and love and care. You will be missed One-Wing or as my human calls him sometimes, wingnut. Now you can fly free again with the Witch. Love you, Petra.

Hi all,

It's Todd. I don't usually interrupt Ms. Petra while she is blogging but I had to share my thoughts about One-Wing. He was such a nut, that is why I call him Wingnut!! He would give whoever went out in the yard a good eagle yelling at. When we went out to catch him for his Sunday check ups he would do laps around his mew and when we got him cornered, he would flip on his back and look at us like ooooohhhhh I'm gonna get you!!! He will truly be missed. Dr. Scott, and all those who knew him will have a hole in our hearts. Fly with the Witch buddy.

No comments: