Friday, May 16, 2008

My humans trip to Tatitlek






Hi everyone,

I am Todd, Petra's human. Sorry it has been a while since I got back from Tatitlek, Ms. Petra has been keeping me busy...training me and all. I went to Tatitlek to release an Eagle. This was during the Cultural Heritage Week. It was a real fun trip and I definitely want to say thanks to David and Lisa Totemoff for letting me stay with them. I really felt welcome and at home during the trip. There were a lot of people there, from Tatitlek and from other places; Nanwalek, Tri-Valley, Port Graham, Whittier, Valdez, Cordova, Chenega Bay, Anchorage, Elamar, Spokane.

The school kids, from all grades were doing projects like soapstone carving, scrimshaw, beading, sewing, learning to paddle a Bidarka (Kyak). It was absolutely beautiful there, so quiet and just wow!! Oh, don't want to forget the people who flew the Eagle and I out there, thanks to the nice people at Alaska Air Transit at Merrill Field. The flight to and from the village was great. When it came time to do the release, which we did on the beach and I surprised Mr. Palmer, the principal of the school. I told everyone about the Bird TLC and the Eagle that I brought to release then I asked Mr. Palmer to come down and be the one to open the carrier.

The Eagle didn't waste any time, she jumped out of the carrier saw the people and took off!! I hope you like the pictures. Thanks for stopping by the blog and thanks again to everyone in Tatitlek Village for having us out. I will post again with more pictures.

Todd

No comments: